Who we are
We are the Controller in respect of your personal data.
Our full name: Azara UK
Our contact details: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org; Web – www.azara.org.uk
We may be using your data for these purposes:
- to provide information you require as a supporter, participant, or site user;
- to contact you with Azara news, newsletters, and information about projects and events organised by Azara or which Azara is supporting;
- to invite you to attend or volunteer at events, classes and programmes;
- to tell you about fundraising activities of Azara and to invite you to donate.
- We may send you emails, text messages, social media messages and hard-copy post about such activities and services, and we may on occasion telephone you.
How we use your data
- The lawful basis for processing the personal data of our subscribers, supporters and class participants is that we have a legitimate interest in doing so: so that we can provide a service and communicate with them.
- The lawful basis for processing any sensitive data you provide us with is your explicit consent.
- The lawful basis for sending you electronic marketing communications is your consent.
- If we are relying on your consent to process data or send you marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us.
- In order to ensure our communications with you are relevant, we may supplement our records by adding data about you from publicly-available sources of information.
- Access to personal data is limited to team members who need access and appropriate security is in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information. In order to contact you, we may provide your details to a volunteer who has responsibility for an event or activity, and if we do so, we do so on the strict basis that it is only to be used for that limited purpose. We may make your data available to third party contractors for the purpose of operating our services (for example, mailing services). Any such contractor will be required to store your data securely, use it only for the intended purpose, and to destroy it upon completion of the service for which it is being used.
- We do not make our mailing list available to any third parties and we will not disclose your personal data to anyone else, unless required to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction or an official regulator.
- We will keep your data secure, using up-to-date software, secure passwords and backup solutions.
- Your personal data will be stored for the duration of your engagement with Azara, and for seven years after your last interaction with Azara.
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the manner in which we process your personal data.
- Your provision of personal data to us is not a contractual or legal requirement. However, should you not provide your personal data to us, we will be unable to keep you informed of Azara programmes and events.